Thursday, September 24, 2009

LOST

I started watching Lost near the end of my intern at Bangalore, where there was a need for something or the other to keep myself occupied post-dinner. I had heard about this series from a couple of friends but actually never got myself to watch any TV series (except FRIENDS of course) completely. However, what started in Bangalore as a need to fill time became an obsession as I observed myself in weeks to come. I continued the series after coming back to Bombay and finished the 5 seasons in less than 5 weeks. Not just any Drama-Thriller, it is one of the most awesomely finished entertainment products I have ever witnessed. I am truly a fan today and feel bad that the last season is yet to come. What a shame it would be to wait every week for a single episode during the season also when I have enjoyed the luxury of playlisting as many as 9-10 episodes some of the times. The most amazing thing about the show is how the scriptwriters have maintained it over seasons, avoiding redundancy anywhere and keeping each episode as thrilling and mysterious as possible. The show not just portrays the people on the island as LOST, it gets you LOST in the story too. The way the tit-bits are intricately woven to make the whole story is mesmerizing. Though it has been weeks now that I watched the last episode, I still remember each character so very well established in my mind. Gone are the days there was a concept called Flashback, LOST has proved to be unconventional wherever it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment