Thursday, September 24, 2009

2 MORE BOOKS

I read “The Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy” (Douglas Adams) and “The Seven Dials mystery” (Agatha Christie) and don`t actually have a lot to say about either of these. Both were time-pass and had a common thing that both got me interested towards the end only. “The hitchhikers…” was actually my first science fiction novel with a specialty that it was a blend of science fiction and humor, and not a bad one. The book is pretty small (and actually has three more parts I couldn’t get motivated to read) and Douglas shows a good sense of creativity along with that humor which is not a very common trait. “The Seven…..” is a typical Agatha Christie novel with the clichéd murder-mystery where in the 90% of the book is just narration (there definitely is a story but not the kind that entices you) followed by “the revelation”. I compared it to Sherlock Holmes while reading and thought that why Sherlock interested me more was the awesome description of Arthur Conan Doyle. He could paint a scene, a person or an event for you in a manner not many authors are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment