Thursday, September 24, 2009

INTO THE WILD

I didn`t know earlier that the movie is actually a true story. Lately, I watched it again and found the movie equally good. A story of a young graduate who leaves the world and his family for its hollowness to live a life not masked by shallow lies, superficial behaviors but a life of his own, knowing himself more, in short a life into the wild. Surely one of the best movies I have seen, here are some quotes from the movie which I found interesting:
· Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness… give me truth
· The core of mans’ spirit comes from new experiences
· Conscious attention to the basics of life, and a constant attention to your immediate environment and its concerns, example- A job, a task, a book; anything requiring efficient concentration (Circumstance has no value. It is how one relates to a situation that has value. All true meaning resides in the personal relationship to a phenomenon, what it means to you)
· It`s important in life not necessarily to be strong… but to feel strong
· Some people feel like they don’t deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past
· If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed
· Careers are a 20th century invention and I don’t want one
· It is easy, when you are young, to believe that what you desire is no less than what you deserve, to assume that if you want something badly enough, it is your God-given right to have it. . . I was a raw youth who mistook passion for insight and acted according to an obscure, gap-ridden logic. I thought climbing the Devils Thumb would fix all that was wrong with my life. In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams. And I lived to tell my tale

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Post!
    And an awesome movie as well!!!
    Btw, Great job with the new blog site ;).
    Apurv

    ReplyDelete